Thursday, May 10, 2012

Poem: Counter Clockwise

A good friend 
once told me,
"Don't try
and make the world 
go counter clockwise."
"Some things
are what they are."
I didn't believe him
then, 
but now
I'm starting 
to wonder,
if it's true.
What a sad
state of affairs
if it is.
Then I come 
to my senses:
My despair
and despondency
lifted -
by the light
and truth
of knowledge 
and wisdom.
The human spirit -
Good or evil,
can change the world.
It can bring it together,
In humanity
and understanding.
Or shatter it,
in pieces,
factions 
and sects -
Isolated in fear;
Divided in anger;
Threatened by
pride,
prejudice
and ignorance.
Inhumanity 
and malevolence.
One has a choice -
To sit idly by,
and let life 
happen,
Or to 
make the world,
a better place,
by making a difference -
Leaving 
your own unique 
influence 
and mark,
by being
an active
and engaged
part of it.





No comments:

Post a Comment